Lush Cryo Spa
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Cryo T-Shock work?
T Shock stands for Thermal Shock which is a simple, all natural, non-invasive concept based on using warm and cold to “shock” the cells. Alternating between hot and cold has a more dramatic effect than hot or cold applied individually. The two components, administered in sequence, according to precise therapeutic protocols, produce a localized and deep thermal shock effect. Times, temperatures and sequences change automatically. The technician selects from a list of pre-programmed protocols which vary by the targeted body part and sex.
How does it feel?
All of the T Shock procedures are painless. During fat and cellulite reduction treatments there’s a prolonged period of cold so it’s common to experience some numbness in the treated area. Any numbness will quickly subside following completion of the treatment. Some clients will experience a period of “bloating” following the treatment. This is due to the body sending blood in an attempt to warm the treated area. This too will quickly subside. Toning and facial clients experience little if any discomfort.
What is the frequency of treatments?
FACIALS: Can be performed daily. Optimum is 5 treatments performed over a 10-15 day period. Once desired results are achieved general maintenance is 1-2x a month.
TONING: Can be performed daily. Optimum is 5 treatments performed over a 10-15 day period. Once desired results are achieved general maintenance is 1-2x a month.
FAT REDUCTION: Can be performed once every two weeks. This spacing is required in order to keep from overloading the lymphatic system. A minimum of five treatments is generally suggested.
What are post-treatment requirements?
These are essential in solidifying results. Fat and cellulite reduction clients are required to immediately consume 24 ozs of water and perform one or more tasks to facilitate lymphatic drainage within 6 hours of the treatment. A lack of facilitating performing any of the following may negate many of the benefits.
- A 30 minute cardio workout
- A massage on the treated area
- 20-30 minutes in a dry heat sauna or red light therapy
- 10-15 minutes on a vibration plate with a lymphatic drainage setting
Can a number of areas be treated simutaneously?
FAT REDUCTION TREATMENTS: One large and one small body part can be treated every two weeks. Clients can combine these treatments with an unlimited number of Toning or Facial treatments on the body.
CELLULITE REDUCTION TREATMENTS: One large and one small body part can be treated weekly. Clients can combine these treatments with an unlimited number of Toning or Facial treatments on the body.
TONING & FACIALS: The entire body can be treated simultaneously, no limitations.
Who should consider this treatment?
FACIAL / NECK / DECOLLETE
- Anyone experiencing aging who’s more desirous of a natural look without the use (or reduced use) of Botox and Fillers
- Clients with Rosacea
- Anyone looking for a Red Carpet look for an event
- Clients with loose skin or wrinkles on their neck
- Anyone looking to minimize a double chin
- Anyone with an aging neck or decollete
- Anyone with dry, crepey, aging skin
- Anyone with loose, aging skin that has lost elasticity
- Anyone who has: undergone gastric bypass surgery; experienced rapid weight loss; experienced loose skin following pregnancy
FAT AND CELLULITE REDUCTION
- Anyone with a BMI under 35 who has excessive fat deposits in problem areas
- Anyone in shape with stubborn fat that they can’t get rid of with diet and exercise
- Anyone desirous of controlling cellulite
What are the contradictions?
- No Botox or Fillers for four weeks prior to a facial
- Anyone undergoing dialysis, having any type of kidney disease and anyone with only one kidney should not have a fat or cellulite reduction treatment
- Anyone with active cancer or undergoing chemotherapy should not have a fat or cellulite treatment
- Anyone with an untreated abdominal hernia should not have any fat reduction treatments in that area
- Severe diabetes – Loss of sensation on the skin
- Varicose Veins